and buying or selling a business can be a complex undertaking for vendors
and purchasers. This area of the law coordinates various expertise such
as business valuation, tax, marketing and business advisory experts.
Some of the services provided
by firms specializing in this area are:
- Identifying potential targets
for a buy or sell;
- Contacting targets on your
- Preparing information memorandums
for presentation to potential buyers;
- Arranging for a valuation
of the business by profession business valuators;
- Negotiating the actual "buy"
or "sell" transaction;
- Due diligence on behalf
of a purchaser;
- Preparing a seller for the
due diligence process conducted by a potential buyer;
- Arranging financing, and/or
share structure for the purchase;
- Reviewing the tax implications
of a sale;
- Structuring and tax issues
related to a business purchase.